A collaboration between buddygroups and the Children’s Fire Movement, the one programme is a fusion of 21st century technology and an ancient wisdom that is delivered with ethics and sustainability at it’s core.
Applications could include: ● improving health & wellbeing ● reducing stress ● establishing new behaviours ● surfacing purpose in life ● finding peace amidst the challenges of 21st century living ● re-discovering your true, undomesticated, nature!
The main aim of the programme, which is both an introductory and exploratory journey into the Human condition, is to support individuals and groups in becoming more resilient in our busy daily lives – to support participants in becoming the change they want to see in the world. This is achieved through reconnection with the Self, others and the natural world that we are a part of (improving the quality of our relationships has been proven time and again to directly support our health and wellbeing – ultimately, our happiness).
The one programme does not mean the only programme or the best programme…
The one programme is named after the ever-increasingly recognised need for us to become one (or you could say, integrated or connected) – both within our complex human psyches, our communities and with the world around us. This is not just a need recognised by wisdom traditions across the world but one now shared by psychologists and experts across a variety of disciplines.
Course Content & Structure
The main content of the programme is inspired by an ancient body of natural wisdom, which once flourished across the Americas, and provides a truly holistic approach to sustainable health and wellbeing.
This timeless wisdom is delivered in a more contemporary format and, with sustainability in mind, the programme makes full use of all the features of the buddygroups support platform. This provides a private, safe and functional forum for housing programme content, discussion and feedback.
The Wheel, or Glyph (a circular design which represents the various core concepts) may appear esoteric, with all the symbols and imagery, but as science now knows, these are a powerful language used by our human brain. The Wheel can be seen as both a map and a compass providing deep insights into the human condition and is a truly wholistic container for storing and accessing information.
Watch our intro video (in the Overview section) and gain a brief insight into the eight steps of the one programme.
- A buddygroups orientation session: this will be an online group meeting (using VOIP such as Skype or Zoom) and will provide guidance on how to use the buddygroups support platform. You will also be invited to start regularly measuring some aspect(s) of your life that you wish to develop/improve/change (this could be diet, stress levels, quality of sleep, how many cups of coffee etc). This is a barometer for both yourself and your Guides and can be a valuable tool when it comes to behaviour change. You will be able to continue monitoring your chosen ‘measures’ both during and post programme.
- An introductory online meeting where participants will be taught core concepts regarding the one programme, the Self, working as a group and an overview of the eight step journey that we will be embarking upon.
- Eight weekly blocks of online Guidance and discussion as we explore the eight steps Wheel together as a group.
- A final transition session where we will consolidate all that has been gathered so far and prepare for transition into life beyond the bounds of the one programme itself.
- Four weeks of post-programme Guiding support: the lead Guide will visit the training space from time to time in order to give feedback and support your transition. See the Post Programme Support section below for more information.
- At any point either during or post programme you will have the opportunity to order extra one-to-one support, or group support, from CFM Guides. See the Guiding section below.
Our 10 Guiding sessions use VOIP such as Skype or Zoom and will be around 1.5 hours long (depending on group size and other factors).
In between Group Sessions
In between Group Sessions participants will be expected to visit and interact with the group area at least 2-3 times per week. This will be to take part in discussions, ask questions and keep a daily log regarding your practices and the programme content.
Post Programme Support
Supporting you through the transition…
We recognise that the transition and post-programme periods (along with peer to peer support and guided support) are just as important factors as the delivered content itself. This is why the buddygroups platform was developed (over a three year period) and the reason why the one programme is structured in the way that it is.
- All one programme participants receive 12 months of buddygroups membership so that you and your peers can continue your online journey together (from a sustainability perspective, we highly recommend that you do this).
- Also, after the initial 9 week training period has come to a completion, Guides will continue to attend the training area for a further 4 weeks to support you through the transition period.
- After a further 3 month period your training group will have the opportunity to take over ownership of the training space that hosted your one programme experience. If you choose not to, you will still have full access to the platform and the ability to create your own private ‘buddy groups’ with your peers (as part of your 12 month buddygroups membership).
Additional online guiding will be available to course participants…
Participants on both programmes will be able to request additional 1-to-1 online guiding from one of our trained Guides (see below) who have been trained in the system that the programme is informed by. You will have the option to do this either privately as an individual, or as a group.
Guiding will be available to participants both during programme delivery and after programme completion.
What is a one programme Guide?
Each Guide will, at a minimum, have completed a two year intensive training in the main wisdom system that informs the one programme. During this period they are trained to live the system in their everyday lives and will have done significant work with their own patterns of behaviour. Often individuals will have attained qualifications in other healing modalities and in some cases will have gone on to deeper trainings in the system associated with the one programme.
As the one programme is an online course we do need you to comply with a few technical requirements. We also have a few agreements that need to be made for the sake of safe-guarding both yourself and others.
Technical Requirements & Pre-programme Agreements
Each week the group will engage in a 1-2 hour online VOIP (such as Skype, Zoom) conversation. This will require you…
- to have access to an adequate broadband connection for voice and video
- to have a headset is preferred in order to eliminate echo and other feedback issues (unless you know that you have a reliable system in this regard).
- to ensure that you are available to make the default times for the 10 weekly guiding sessions (see Course Content & Structure section).
- to please ensure that you will be able to visit the online group space and connect with the group at least two to three times per week in between guiding sessions (ideally daily). This will be part of your programme commitment/agreement.
In order to assure a safe and relaxed environment for all concerned there are a number of agreements that you will need to acknowledge agreement of before you are able to proceed with the programme. These will include…
- You will need to be 18 years of age or above.
- Non-disclosure: the sharing (in whatever format) of course content and posts by other participants with anyone outside of the group is strictly prohibited.
- That you abide by our safe use guidelines regarding the buddygroups support platform (you will receive these as part of the programme induction).
- Our online training area is a place of mutual respect and non-judgement and that you agree to adhere to this to the best of your abilities.
- That you disclose to the programme organisers (before attending) any relevant medical information that may be required by us to ensure your safety whilst attending the one programme.
If Guides feel that these agreements are in breach by an individual, and/or participant safety is compromised, there may be situations where there is a need to remove an individual from the programme. This is certainly a situation that we seek to avoid, however, in such an event we will not be able to issue a refund.
Programme Dates and Booking
Currently scheduled programme dates…
The one programme can be attended as part of a Children’s Fire Movement (CFM) ‘Guardian Membership’ or stand-alone (the programme content and price are the same in both instances).
If you’re interested in attending but can’t make it for some reason, or you just need further information, we’d love to hear from you via the contact form on this page.
Do get in touch if you’re interested in attending a one-programme or have any questions that you would like to ask us…
We have included an option for you to be added to the Children’s Fire Movement mailing list so that we can keep you up to date with CFM and one-programme news – please note that we will not pass your email on to any third party and you will be able to unsubscribe at any time.